Sunday, 8 January 2012

A birthday card for Brooke


It is my friends' daughters' birthday on Tuesday.  I think she will be 5 but a not sure to be honest.  I wanted to steer clear of pinks as I seem to get myself stuck in a rut.  I thought some nice spring colours would be lovely but it ended up more of a summery card with hot orange and yellow hues.  Never mind - I think it turned out nicely.  I used a Tilda stamp and cut out three layers of a scalloped circle.  I used some  small pieces of card and did some paper-weaving for the bottom right hand corner which I think looks effective.  I didn't really have room for the sentiment so I decided to float it using some acetate and let it hang down over the front which makes a change - only problem I have is how I am going to post it!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!